School Accountability Report Card
- For more information about SARC requirements, see the California Department of Education (CDE) SARC Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/sa/.
- For more information about the LCFF or LCAP, see the CDE LCFF Web page at http://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/lc/.
- For additional information about the school, parents/guardians, and community members should contact the school principal or the district office.
- Principal, Bellflower High
About Our School
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the start of the 2016-17 school year at Bellflower Middle/High School. I am honored to be the principal of Bellflower Middle/High School, a school with a rich tradition and legacy of excellence. We are excited to be able to communicate with you and continue to strengthen our ties with our community.
Bellflower has earned a reputation of academic excellence through the hard work of our students, teachers, parents, and staff. Bellflower supports a wide array of challenging academic courses, a variety of athletic teams that play in first class facilities, outstanding visual and performing arts programs, and social opportunities for all students. We encourage you to experience our school culture, one that is focused on providing students with the academic and social resources to prepare them for college and for life.
Bellflower Middle/High School offers a safe learning environment that promotes intellectual growth, creativity, and respect for self and others. Our faculty and staff are high-quality educators, mentors and leaders who are passionate about preparing our students for the ever-changing future challenges they face.
We are committed to providing each student with an appropriate and challenging educational experience in a respectful environment that fosters learning through positive relationships among students, adults, and our diverse community.
To all parents, I encourage you to stay involved in your child’s education by joining the Bellflower Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA). By working together and remaining involved, parents send a clear message about the importance of their child’s education.
We are proud of the accomplishments of our school and are excited to share our Buc Pride with you!
The mission of Bellflower Middle/High School is to provide the pathway for all students to attain the expertise and develop skills of academic excellence that will empower them to:
- Become lifelong active learners
- Demonstrate respect for themselves and others in a dynamic, diverse and global society
- Become responsible, informed, productive, independent and contributing citizens
- Perform successfully in their chosen field and in society
WE BELIEVE THAT
- Every student deserves to learn every day
- Positive relationships and a strong sense of community connect students to learning
- Teachers who challenge and care for students make a significant impact on students’ lives
- Standard of Excellence, Nothing Less will be achieved from every individual in our learning community
WE COMMIT TO
- Providing each student with an appropriate and challenging educational experience
- Maintaining a respectful environment that fosters learning through positive relationships among students, adults and our diverse community
- Hiring and retaining only the best educators and paraprofessionals while investing in their success
- Providing quality education based on high standards, effective practices, continuous improvement, and innovation.
We have outstanding teachers who accept the challenge to be the best they can be on a daily basis. Our teachers are facilitators of learning opportunities for students and want students to experience meaningful personal growth every day.
One of our goals is to create a school atmosphere of respect among administrators, teachers, support staff, students, parents, and community members. Through collaboration, positive relationships will develop within our school. These relationships will lead to an atmosphere where people feel appreciated, supported, and trusted. Mutual trust and respect brings out the best in people.
Finally, our major goal is to develop critical thinkers and socially responsible citizens who actively participate in their individual learning and are fully prepared to embrace the future. To achieve this goal, sometimes change is needed. Change is not something to fear, but should be viewed as an opportunity to grow and improve. Change should be a constant in a school that is growing and improving, like Bellflower Middle/High School.
15301 South McNab Ave.
Bellflower, CA 90706-4101