School Accountability Report Card
- For more information about SARC requirements, see the California Department of Education (CDE) SARC web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/sa/.
- For more information about the LCFF or LCAP, see the CDE LCFF web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/lc/.
- For additional information about the school, parents/guardians and community members should contact the school principal or the district office.
Alec Hobbs, Principal
- Principal, Vineyard Elementary
About Our School
Vineyard STEM is a nationally and regionally recognized leader in the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in TK-8th grade. All students participate in an enriched academic program to develop STEM skills through an integrated grade level curriculum. Students engage in a variety of learning tasks to develop and explore language and literacy skills, scientific topics, technological advances, engineering principles, and mathematical concepts in the world around them. Some of the opportunities that students receive at Vineyard STEM Magnet include access to 3D printing in our Makerspace, a fully integrated Lego robotics program and the integration of AVID instructional and organizational strategies.
I am honored to be the Principal of a place where STEM learning meets rigorous instruction, high expectations and a safe learning environment. I look forward to having the opportunity to meet with you and continue to build the partnership between Vineyard STEM and our community.
We are pleased to welcome new students and families to our wonderful school. As the school year progresses, you will find information updated on our school web site at www.omsd.net/vineyard or you may call the school office at (909)984-2306 for additional information or support. If you have access to Twitter, you can follow us at @vineyard_omsd.
At Vineyard STEM, we are committed to providing a safe and nurturing school environment for every child. Our goal is to work together with our parents and families to ensure that every child receives the support, instruction, and opportunities that they need to be successful. We welcome our parents as either visitors or volunteers to share in the school experience with their children during the school day.
We are committed to the development of our STEM instruction. Your child will receive instruction that is integrated with the components of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Examples of STEM learning opportunities that are a part of Vineyard STEM’s instructional program include:
· A grade level core curriculum that is integrated with the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
· Hands-on and engaging lessons to build understanding and mastery of the curriculum
· The opportunity to work on STEM learning projects with college students and career professionals to apply what they have learned in the classroom
· Classrooms in grades 2nd - 8th have access to 1:1 technology
· Elective classes (in grades 6-8) that give students the opportunity to explore real world STEM topics
· Class rotations to the Multi Media Lab for computer based learning and project development
· Class rotations to the Science Lab for hands-on explorations and studies of science concepts
· The opportunity to participate in instructional field trips that are aligned to STEM learning or college and career preparation.
· The opportunity to participate in Video conferencing lessons with professionals in the STEM educational or career field.
· The opportunity to participate in academic competitions to demonstrate their learning and test the success of STEM projects, such as Science Fair, Robotics, and M.E.S.A.
We look forward to teaching your children and watching them learn and grow. Thank you, in advance, for your support at home in ensuring that your children come to school every day, ready to learn. It is going to be a great year of learning at Vineyard STEM!
Principal, Vineyard STEM Magnet School
1500 East Sixth St.
Ontario, CA 91764-2113