School Accountability Report Card
Del Norte Elementary
- For more information about SARC requirements, see the California Department of Education (CDE) SARC web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/ac/sa/.
- For more information about the LCFF or LCAP, see the CDE LCFF web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/fg/aa/lc/.
- For additional information about the school, parents/guardians and community members should contact the school principal or the district office.
Molly Tovar, Principal
- Principal, Del Norte Elementary
About Our School
Welcome back to another exciting year at Del Norte Elementary. This year we are continuing our theme of Superheroes! At Del Norte, we encourage and prepare students to participate fully, to take risks, to be self-advocates, and to create lasting memories and relationships with their peers and with staff members. I am proud to serve as the new principal of such an exciting and dynamic school. The entire staff here works collaboratively to provide a safe, supportive, and caring environment, through being Safe, Outstanding, Accountable, and Respectful to ensure the success of all students.
Our goal at Del Norte is to provide an enriching, engaging, and challenging curriculum that will prepare students for success and support college and career readiness. We provide a rigorous curriculum, and offer multiple opportunities for students to be successful. We are proud of the comprehensive school program that we offer here at Del Norte. In addition to academics, students may find an outlet for their talents in after school activities such as coding or athletics. We are here to meet the needs of all students academically, physically, socially, and emotionally. Every adult on campus is committed to ensuring all students feel safe and succeed academically. We believe that students, parents, and teachers all play a vital role in helping students reach their greatest potential.
Below are our focus areas for Del Norte for the 2018-2019 school-year:
Providing rigorous, quality instruction that engages learners and provides access to the Common Core State Standards by:
- Use of the district adopted Wonders Language Arts and Eureka Math Curriculum
- Building a comprehensive data analysis process that allows us to build on strengths, focus areas and identify needs for intervention
- Ensuring a safe and positive school climate through the implementation of PBIS behavioral model
- Reaching a school-wide attendance goal of 97.7%
- Providing teachers and students access to technology to support learning in the classroom and 21st century learning skills.
- Exploring the developing of a distinctive program such STEAM to provide students with a well-rounded educational experience and support College and Career Readiness
On behalf of our entire staff, we welcome you a SUPER exciting 2018-2019 school year. Please don’t hesitate to contact me by phone or email if you need any additional information or have questions.
Mrs. Molly Tovar
ContactDel Norte Elementary
850 Del Norte Ave.
Ontario, CA 91764-3639