- SARC Home »
- Franklin Elementary School
School Accountability Report Card
About This School
Contact Information (School Year 2017-18)
Last updated: 1/29/2018
School Description and Mission Statement (School Year 2017-18)
Where School is a Choice not a Chore, and College is a Destination not a Dream.
At Franklin Elementary School, we believe that all children can learn and achieve academic excellence. To accomplish this, we are committed to:
• creating a safe and orderly learning environment in which all students can achieve high standards;
• communicating student performance expectations based on standardized assessment data to all stakeholders;
• implementing a standards-based instructional program which emphasizes skill mastery in reading, writing and mathematics;
• administering ongoing assessment, as well as, coordinating ongoing analysis of student work to guide instruction;
• providing ongoing intervention opportunities (tutorials) for students in need of continued instruction to achieve skill mastery;
• providing ongoing enrichment opportunities for students demonstrating skill mastery that promote higher-order thinking;
• providing staff with opportunities to assess student achievement and share effective teaching practices;
• providing staff with professional development opportunities and on-site literacy coaching to continually enhance professional skills;
• developing partnerships with local businesses and community agencies that support the learning goals.
Franklin School serves approximately 590 students in transitional kindergarten through sixth grade. The staff is comprised of 22 general education teachers, two resource specialists and one special day class teacher.
Other certificated staff members include a music teacher, art teacher, PE teacher, STEAM teacher, one school psychologist, a speech therapist, and five Response to Intervention (RTI) teachers under the leadership of a principal.
The classified staff includes an office manager, an office clerk, health assistant, library technician, three custodians, and several regular and special education instructional assistants. Other services available to Franklin students and families are our two school-based counselors, one onsite social worker, and a Family and Community Liaison.
A cafeteria manager supervises a food service staff responsible for preparing meals for Franklin as well as other area schools using food from the school garden and other local fresh providers.Our 25 bed garden allows students to harvest and consume food grown on our campus.
Franklin School is dedicated to providing a learning environment where students achieve academic and personal success. We realize that collaboration amongst staff, parents and the community is essential to increased student achievement.
Last updated: 1/18/2018
Student Enrollment by Grade Level (School Year 2016-17)
|Grade Level||Number of Students|
Last updated: 12/4/2017
Student Enrollment by Student Group (School Year 2016-17)
|Student Group||Percent of Total Enrollment|
|Black or African American||0.3 %|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||0.5 %|
|Hispanic or Latino||91.1 %|
|Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander||0.0 %|
|Two or More Races||0.0 %|
|Student Group (Other)||Percent of Total Enrollment|
|Socioeconomically Disadvantaged||91.1 %|
|English Learners||66.2 %|
|Students with Disabilities||14.0 %|
|Foster Youth||0.0 %|
Last updated: 12/4/2017