- SARC Home »
- Fred Ekstrand Elementary
2019–2020 School Accountability Report Card
About This School
Contact Information (School Year 2020–2021)
School Description and Mission Statement (School Year 2020–2021)
Ekstrand is one of thirteen schools in the Bonita Unified School District. We are nestled in a quiet neighborhood in San Dimas, just north of the city’s library. Our total population of 435 students fill our 19 regular education classrooms; 2 Transitional Kindergarten; 1 Specialized Academic Instruction classroom; as well as an Intervention lab that offers small group and one-on-one instruction to assist those students who are struggling academically in core areas of learning. We are proud that our campus also include:
- A district nurse, a full-time health clerk, speech pathologists, and a part-time psychologist and part-time counselor.
- A free and reduced lunch and transportation program to help those struggling families in need a helping hand.
- Modernized classrooms containing overhead projector systems, document cameras, interactive SMART whiteboards, sound systems, student computer stations and wireless internet capabilities.
- A fully stocked library with the most current and popular titles in children’s literature and an adjoining computer lab boasting fun and educational programs for all grade levels.
- A PTA that supports our campus with family and community events, classroom volunteers and fundraisers that benefit all of Ekstrand’s students with classroom materials, field trips, and technological upgrades.
Ekstrand Elementary’s mission is to provide a learning community that is rich in encouragement, support and high expectations for academic success. We work to strengthen our intellectual, social, emotional and physical skills, while becoming lifelong learners.
Ninety percent of Ekstrand students are reading at or above their grade level to successfully reach their academic potential and life goal
Last updated: 1/7/2021
Student Enrollment by Grade Level (School Year 2019–2020)
|Grade Level||Number of Students|
Student Enrollment by Student Group (School Year 2019–2020)
|Student Group||Percent of Total Enrollment|
|Black or African American||5.00 %|
|American Indian or Alaska Native||%|
|Hispanic or Latino||66.60 %|
|Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander||%|
|Two or More Races||5.20 %|
|Student Group (Other)||Percent of Total Enrollment|
|Socioeconomically Disadvantaged||61.80 %|
|English Learners||6.70 %|
|Students with Disabilities||7.20 %|
|Foster Youth||2.20 %|